Loyal readers know that we’re trying to grow the farm. In fact, we’re looking for another 150 CSA members this season. We need this support to make our farm financially sustainable.
Christina and I got into farming because we didn’t like “the way the world works”. We saw a broken food system making our bodies and our planet sick. We started this farm in the hopes that others felt the same way. Many do.
But I don’t like to sell my produce. And I really don’t like to “market” our produce. That way I see things, our farm grows great food. Families looking for organic food, grown nearby, can easily find us and get all the produce they want. But, as we all know, that’s not the way the world works. We don’t like the way the world works. And, besides, I don’t have the time. I’m trying to help our crew grow and harvest and wash and pack all of these fantastic vegetables.
That’s where you come in.
We need your help to let others know our farm is alive and well and grows fantastic produce. So please don’t wait for us to tell you how you can help. We are a community supported farm and our members make it all happen. We need you to help us spread the word about Montalbano Farms. Here are some ways you can help
- Print up some brochures and post them around town.
- Ask your local farmers market if you can put up a booth and tell others about the farm. Show them the website. Tell them what we’re about.
- Post on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. The newest big thing that I don’t even know about.
- Write a letter to your local newspaper. Tell them that fresh, organic, local food is available this season.
- Set up a table at the Green Fair in your community.
- Throw a party and tell folks about us.
- Walk around town with a bullhorn at 6 in the morning screaming our name. Wait. Don’t do that last one.
But do help us get the word out. Help us become a truly community supported farm. We need you!